Welcome to ROLLINSFORD
Annual Voting & Elections
Annual voting and elections will be held on Tuesday, March 11 from 7AM-7PM at the Town Hall. Please click here to view the sample ballot.
*The Town Clerk's office will be closed for regular business on March 11th due to voting.
Annual Town Budget Documents
- Budget Summary from the Select Board
- 2014 proposed appropriation budget (draft)
- Town warrant (unofficial)
- Chief Ducharme cover letter to budget committee re current budget request and prospective needs
- Backhoe tractor research materials
- Letter from Mick Construction - re: backhoe
- Frontloader vs backhoe
- Options considered (repair vs purchase, e.g.)
- Costs of repairing front loader
- Backhoe financing options
- Technology updates sample budget (none of these items have yet been approved by Select Board )
- FEMA grant application in support of replacing the culvert and engineering storm water management improvements to Sligo Road (near St. Alban’s Cove).
- Public library informational slides from AG office
Are you up on the latest news?
The Town Blog is where you will find new announcements, meeting cancellations, etc. that used to be sent by the Town Clerk via email. Please take a moment to subscribe. You can choose to have the announcements (1-2 per week, currently) come right to your email inbox if you wish.
BIG CHANGES IN THE ROLLINSFORD TOWN HALL FRONT OFFICE!
In early October, the Select Board appointed Kate Nesman to the vacant Town Clerk position. Since that time, both she and our Tax Collector, Andrea Cass, have worked hard to improve the overall efficiency of their services.
- The Town Clerk and the Tax Collector have completed the necessary training and have been sworn in as each other’s deputy. Residents will now be able to do one-stop shopping when it comes to paying taxes, registering vehicles, etc. Either will be able to provide the service you need.
- The Town Clerk will now offer mail-in motor vehicle renewal registrations, beginning with January renewals. Residents can continue to come in to renew their vehicle registrations or send a check (with a SASE). In either case, the renewal letter provides residents with a detailed record for taxes or other record keeping. In conjunction with the Tax Collector, the resident tax form will be included with the renewal letter, resulting in no appreciable increase in overall postage.
Town Forms Advisory Committee on Open Government
In August of 2013, the Select Board authorized the formation of the Advisory Committee on Open Government (ACOG) in order to consider how the town might provide residents with additional public information resources, including the broadcast and/or recording of public meetings.
The Rollinsford Advisory Committee for Open Government is dedicated to providing transparent town government by ensuring efficient public access to government activity, records and meetings.
The committee has been meeting monthly since October and its current goals are:
- Develop a mission statement (Completed, November 2013)
- Recommend that the Select Board reserve a portion of the Comcast franchise agreement fees for the purchase and implementation of technology to facility open and transparent government. (Completed, December 2013. The committee recommended reserving $7,500 of the approximately $23,000 of revenue generated by the franchise fee.)
- Develop a workable process to record public meetings and post to the website (Near-term goal, in process)
- Recommend an online document storage system to enable public access to meeting minutes, town agreements, etc. (Near-term goal, in process)
- Recommend town officials use email addresses associated with town domain. (Near term, in process)
- Renegotiate the current franchise agreement with Comcast with terms that provide the town with additional advantages, e.g., the delivery of business class internet service to all town buildings. (Long-term goal, in process)
The committee currently comprises five members:
Suzanne Huard, Chair
The committee meets on the first Tuesday of every month in the meeting room of the Rollinsford Public Library (6:30). These are public meetings and all are welcome.
Budget Committee Meeting Schedule
Department Budget Meetings all at 6:30 p.m.
Nov. 6 Library, Water/Sewer, Rec, Cemetery
Nov. 20 Planning Board –CIP
Dec. 4 Police and Fire
Dec. 11 School at RGS
Dec. 18 Town and Highway
Jan. 8 Deliberate
Jan. 15 Deliberate
Jan. 18 School and Town Public Hearing
Jan. 29 4th Quarter Meeting**MOVED TO FEB 5**
RGS In the News
Notice from the Select Board RE: Resident Tax & Vehicle Registrations
Date: July 1, 2013
We remind the residents of the town that pursuant to RSA 261:71, residents must show proof of payment of resident tax before being issued a motor vehicle registration.
In order to enable the town clerk to identify residents who have paid the resident tax, we have asked the tax collector to provide the town clerk with a list, updated weekly, of residents who have complied with the payment of the resident tax.
Thank you all for your cooperation in this matter.
Notice from Select Board: Online Access to Town Meetings
The Select Board welcomes your comments on the proposal below to provide online access to town meetings. Please click here to respond and be sure to include your name. We will read all comments at our meetings as we receive them. Click here to view the proposal.
Local News and Happenings
To help promote local opportunities and news, we have created a virtual bulletin board. Click here to find out what's going on or to have your news or event posted.
Want town news delivered to your inbox as it gets posted online? Just click here to subscribe.
(PLEASE NOTE: if you previously subscribed to the RSS news feed, it was discontinued on 7/1/13. Take a moment to subscribe here so that you can continue receiving news and updates.)